Deepening Climate Dialogue
24th September - 5th October 2022, Switzerland
We embark on a journey exploring our very personal relationship to the Earth and how to be in dialogue with others about the current ecological crisis. While investigating the dominant climate narrative, we find our own authentic stance in the complexity of the topic. Taking a holistic perspective, we discover regenerative pathways like permaculture and ecosystem restoration.
We welcome participants from the Netherlands, Italy, Romania, Switzerland and Germany between 18-30 years old.
We welcome you to a journey connecting with yourself, and others about the current state of the Earth.
- How do I really feel about the global environmental situation?
- How can I have meaningful conversations with people who have a completely different perspective on climate?
- What can I do to restore ecosystems and support ecological regeneration?
We will explore these and other questions through embodied exercises, sharings, creative flow, time in nature, emotional work and group processes.
Inspired by Deep Ecology and Charles Eisenstein´s work, we consider a holistic perspective on nature and humans place in it – moving away from a narrow, technocratic climate narrative.
In this Youth Exchange you will:
- Dive into your emotions and ideas related to the current ecological crisis
- Find your authentic and grounded perspective on the status quo
- Practice communcation tools for meaningful dialogue – enabling us to truly connect to people who have a different understanding
- Get to know the power of local action though permaculture and ecosystem restoration
- Deepen your connection with nature
- Connect to an international network of young people who care about the environment
The Youth Exchange will take place in Switzerland at the shore of the Lake of Constance. We will set up a beautiful camp in the Ecovillage Schloss Glarisegg, located directly between lake and forest. Holding our course in this magical place invites us to connect to the beauty of nature and our love for the Earth.
We will sleep in our own tents and eat in the shade of the trees, while having the opportunity to use the wonderful and spacious indoor seminar rooms of Schloss Glarisegg.
We will provide organic & plant-based meals throughout the whole course. Prepared with love and our support by Beat our beloved cook.
More information on travel and the location will be offered in the infopack upon registration.
This Youth Exchange is funded through the Movetia program of Switzerland. Accommodation, food, and travel costs (up to a certain amount – depending on country of residency) are covered by the funding.
The work of the organizers and facilitators is not covered by the funding. To support our work and ability to offer such courses we ask you for a financial contribution.
At the end of the course, we will make our costs transparent and help you navigate your donation on a sliding scale from 180 – 360€ (200 – 400CHF).
We do not want money to be an obstacle for your participation. Please contact us, if you want to take part but do not find yourself on the sliding scale.
Depending on the Corona measurements at the time, we will follow a hygiene concept. You will receive more information upon sign up in the info pack.
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to host people who have serious health problems with a high risk of dangerous complications.
Applications are open!
Apply now to join our course by filling in the following form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions, contact us via: